Tenant FAQs

Tenant FAQs

What forms of rent payments does McKee Property Management accept?

Making rent payments has never been easier. We currently offer the following methods to pay rent:

  1. Credit Card – pay online with a credit or debit card
  2. E-Check – set up recurring payments to be taken out monthly by the bank account of your choice.
  3. Electronic Cash Payment – visit any 7-Eleven or Ace Cash Express location to pay your rent
  4. Personal check

When should I report a maintenance issue?

Maintenance issues need to report immediately to minimize any future property damages. Failure to report a maintenance issue may result in monetary charges deducted from tenant security deposit. To submit a non-emergency maintenance request, click here.

How do I submit my 30 day notice to vacate? Who must sign the 30 day notice to vacate?

You must submit your 30 day notice in writing and send it to [email protected]. All parties on the lease agreement must sign the 30 day notice to vacate.

I am having problems with my neighbor, what do I do?

If an issue arises with your neighbor, please contact your designated property supervisor by calling our office at 619-435-7780. You may also contact your property manager by email. For a list of staff member emails, please click here.

I am thinking about getting a pet, what do I need to do?

Most of our rental properties are pet friendly. Please contact your property supervisor for more information on the proper steps to follow.

Am I required to have renters insurance?

While renters insurance is not required, it is highly recommended. McKee Property Management is not responsible for the damage or loss of personal property incurred in your home. Renters insurance covers many of these damages. For more information about specific policies and pricing, you may contact our office for a list of recommended insurance agencies who we work closely with.